VMware vSphere 5.5 Hypervisor (Free ESXi) limitations
VMware vSphere 5.5 hypervisor free version specifications are as follows:
- The limitation of 32GB RAM limit per server/host has been removed from the free hypervisor.
- It supports unlimited number of physical CPUs per host.
- It supports unlimited number of cores per physical CPU.
- It supports maximum 8vCPUs per virtual machine.
- Operating system support: Microsoft OS (18 versions), Linux (54 versions), Mac OS X 10, Solaris, Free BSD etc.
The following figure illustrates that on applying a free license towards VMware vSphere 5.5 Hypervisor, it shows no limit on RAM, as it was shown with former versions (RAM limit: 32GB), and it shows support for unlimited physical CPUs and unlimited cores per CPU.
To check VMware Hardware compability matrix, use the following link:
To check VMware Software compability matrix, use the following link:
For detailed VMware vSphere 5.5 Documentation, use the following link: